baby
baby

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The State Fair of Texas!

Yesterday, we decided to go to the state fair. Jace was only 8 months last time we went so this time he enjoyed it a lot more. The picture below was from last year...





And from this year....






We road the Farris Wheel this year. Jace seemed to like it the first go 'round, but could care less the second time....needless to say for $12, it wasn't worth the two trips around!



And for the first time....a corny dog! He loved it!


Jace wanted to sit in every car we saw. We would get out of the car by telling him that we would see the next one. We had to run past 10-15 cars before we would let him sit in another one....he could have done this the whole time!


Here he was last year....

Jace LOVES water! It was the only thing that would get his mind off the cars!





Tasting Daddy's waffle! Mmmmm!

He wasn't a fan of the petting zoo. He didn't want anything to do with feeding the animals or petting them for that matter....until he got to the piglets! He thought they were so cute. I wish I could have gotten a picture of them!


Now for Jace's FAVORITE ride! He loved this slide thing. I'm just so glad that Jeremy was a good sport and took him twice. It was quite a hike up there!

His face looks so funny here. As soon as they came to the end, he got the biggest smile on his face and pointed to the line again.

Here they go on their second time!

Jace was VERY upset when they got off and we wouldn't let him go again. He thought it was like at the park where he could go as many times as he wanted. I don't think Jeremy would have survived another walk up to the top! Not only was it $3 each time you went on it, the guy said that they couldn't go again because he noticed that Jace was an inch below the height requirement. I guess we will have to save up for this ride next year, and Jeremy will have to practice his stair climbing!

I guess Jace had a blast because he was out before we even left the parking lot! I can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you all had a great time at the Fair. The slide looks like a blast. If you need another person to take to switch off riding down the slide with Jace next year give me a call. It looks like so much fun.
Did you guys try any of the crazy fried ideas? Jelly Beans, Banana Split, Oreos, etc.

Lindy said...

It looks like you guys had fun at the fair. Isn't it nice to go during the day when everyone else is working? LOL! I am thinking you have a future car fanatic and thrill seeker in the family. I am not sure if those two things are a good combination!

Alpha 1 Vann Clan said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Good to see you yesterday. I didn't get your email address, but here is the website that I was talking about: www.paec.org/teacher2teacher
My email address is atvann@gmail.com

Kim Vann